Thursday 22 January 2015

Sex Scandal: Prince Andrew Makes First Public Denial


The Duke of York has publicly denied allegations that he had underage sex with an American teenager, reiterating and reaffirming previous Buckingham Palace statements rebutting the claims.

Prince Andrew’s first public response to the allegations was made as he addressed an annual reception for 200 guests at the World Economic Forum in Davos in Switzerland.


His appearance, at his Pitch@Palace reception for entrepreneurs, came a day after lawyers for his accuser, Virginia Roberts, filed an affidavit to a US court detailing her allegations and requesting that the prince respond under oath.

Addressing the reception, the prince said: “Firstly I think I must, and want, for the record, to refer to the events that have taken place in the last few weeks, and I just wish to reiterate and to reaffirm the statements which have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace.” He went on to say: “My focus is on my work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment