Tuesday 25 November 2014

Court Strikes Out Charges Against Nyanya Bomber


 A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, yesterday, struck out the three-count terrorism charge preferred against Aminu Ogwuche, the alleged mastermind of the April 14, 2014 bomb blast that killed more than 75 persons and injured 120 others at a crowded motor park in Nyanya Abuja.

In his ruling yesterday, Justice Ademola Adeniyi struck out the matter for want of diligent prosecution by the police.


However, the court gave the Department of State Services, DSS, the nod to retain the accused person in its custody until December 5 when it will hear an application seeking his release on bail.

While adjourning the matter, Justice Adeniyi directed the DSS to allow a team of three lawyers representing the accused person; his wife and one of his family members to periodically visit him in the detention cell.

The court further ordered that the accused be given medical attention and treatment in custody, adding that the DSS should not hesitate to transfer him to the National Hospital should the need arise.

Plans to arraign Ogwuche on September 26 failed because of bickering between the DSS and Police over which of them should be allowed to conduct the trial.

The government had in its bid to expedite the process of extraditing the accused person from Sudan where he fled to shortly after the terrorist attack, entered the three-count charge that was struck out yesterday.

Shortly after his extradition and arrival at the Presidential Wing of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on July 15, the alleged mastermind of the Nyanya bomb blast had boasted that he was still lusting to shed more blood of those he described as "infidels."

"If I am left alone, I will still kill those infidels who have refused to repent of their sins against Allah. This is my mission on earth. My mission is to wipe out infidels from the face of the earth. You call me bomb detonator, and I love that. I am ready to kill again. 

In fact, I enjoy killing people who are unbelievers; those deceived by western education and disobedient to Allah and His Holy Koran. I don't care what will happen to me now because if I die, I shall go to heaven for doing God's work.

 I won't beg anybody for forgiveness but I can assure you that my so-called trial will not be an easy exercise. If I like, I plead not guilty in court to make things difficult for the Federal Government but inside my mind, I know I did the damn thing. It is my word against Federal Government evidence. I know a little bit about the intricacies of the law through the study of several law books. Nobody can push me around because I am not a fool," said Ogwuche who was born in the United Kingdom.

"I don't deny that we have links with foreign terrorist groups. We have many friends as well as may enemies. It doesn't matter if I am killed others will continue the struggle.

There are millions of Boko Haram members in Nigeria and overseas. Was our great leader Mohammed Yusuf not killed, did his death lead to the end of the Boko Haram? We are determined to start a big jihad across the nation, first, wait and see.


Our is something like spiritual revolution. When they arrested Kabiru Sokoto, they celebrated as if Boko Haram is all about Kabiru Sokoto. That is how they celebrated the death of Yusuf Mohammed. They will keep celebrating individuals while million agents of Boko Haram operate," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment